Every year comes those special dates in the calendar when we have the opportunity to rekindle the flames of love, friendship or to demonstrate our commitment to our loved ones. Generally speaking, everyone likes the little things: unexpected gifts, surprises wrapped up in polka dots or two tickets to somewhere special. But there are some gifts that combine everything a man would like to receive, whether underneath a tree or during a romantic dinner he cooked or, perhaps, burnt…
Here we list some of the most original gifts to give to your other half
1. The gift of cologne is full of meaning, although it is also appreciated by men who often struggle to find the right scent to choose. There’s nothing quite like smelling the way the person you love loves.
2. One option that may become more popular now that we’re spending more time at home is the brew your own artisan beer kit. It goes from a simple packet that takes up barely any space and is easy to set-up to stainless steel drums that can turn your garage into the cellar of a Trappist monastery. A less extravagant option could be a good pre-brewed beer, wine or a dinner, whether in a romantic restaurant or in a local bar, whatever he’d prefer.
3. A great option, if our other half is a fan of them, is a collection of hair or beard creams. And if he likes to show off, we can show him our approval.
4. For those more into books and/or travel, you could always surprise them with a e-reader, if they do not already have one. Having an extensive library of books and articles to hand on a tablet that fits perfectly inside a jacket is a very attractive option for men who want to know more. Knowledge in a pocket.
5. If your friend, lover or partner is good at doing D.I.Y. at a weekend, likes to fix things or spends entire Sundays in his workshop making things for the garden, one good idea may be a drill, electric screwdriver or polisher. And if he enjoys the same things mentioned in point number 2, then an electric corkscrew might be a great choice.
6. Finally, we’ll name a few gift ideas that go beyond the material to something deeper, something closer to the fiery heat of the Earth’s core. A poem in the form of a song will make even the most sensitive of souls the strongest, a few loving words or a caress at dawn will be enough to show how much you care about someone without resorting to material things. And even more so in these times.